Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wednesday Around the World: Kep, Cambodia


I heard a lot about this photo meme from a friend that I got very interested to join. So yeah, in order to take a break from posting stamps and postcards, I'm jumping into the Wednesday Around the World bandwagon to show my part of the world:

Low tide.
Kep Beach, near the Crab Market Kep, Cambodia.

It has been three years since I last visited Kep. Back then, Kep used to be our favourite weekend getaway. My husband and I cherish the simple, laid-back and slow-paced lifestyle of Kep. Not to mention the fresh seafoods - shrimps, squids and crabs - these fishermen catch that are served on our table the next day. 

Nowadays, the quiet days are gone, I am told, with the arrival of investors and the droves of wide-eyed tourists. It is becoming like the Sihanoukville these days. So many new hotels, restaurants and bars have mushroomed to cash in on this new tourist destination. Instead of hippies toting guitars, they are now outnumbered by rowdy over-staying backpackers who prefer electronica and those fancy sounding floyd rose tremolo at guitar center. So you can just imagine how the changes are. I long for the olden days of Kep.

1 comment:

  1. Psssst sister! I miss you and i miss our swaps. =)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik