Sunday 18 August 2013

Postcard Friendship Friday 088: Visiting Angkor Wat during the rainy season


Here's a view of the Angkor Wat during the rainy season. Rain or shine, visitors still flock to see this World Heritage Site in Siem Reap, Cambodia.


I've been to Angkor Wat many times already but  they were during the hot, dry summer season. I would love to visit during the monsoon season when, according to friends, the landscape is more lush, and the temples look their best - the colours and hues are richer, the trees around them are greener and the weather cooler due to regular downpours.

Postcard above courtesy of my friend at Inside Cambodia Postcards.

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people are put off by rain, but you are right, everything is more lush during that time of year. And rain dries off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice view! It's great to know that Angkor Wat is really that famous and tourists don't mind the weather at all just to see the place.

    It's still my big dream to see Angkor Wat. I hope in the not so far future, it can become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost prefer this view over the more usual ones. It's somehow more real.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik